In class today we broke down a test and discussed as a large group how to answer question three of the Global exam.
Some things that you want to remember tomorrow:
- use complete sentences
- fully answer the question – think about using PROMPT LANGUAGE (not only for general paper
- use the answer you produce in question 2, to help you answer question 3
- give examples to support any claim you make in both question 2 & 3
- don’t simply tell the reader that document 1 has qualitative data – give them an example of some
- don’t simply say that the author is not an expert in a relevant field – tell them what they are an expert in and how that is not relevant to the field being discussed
- don’t simply say that they use sweeping statements, give an example of one
- discuss if a document uses global perspectives (evidence/studies/perspectives from multiple countries)
- proof read – don’t sleep – if you have extra time at the end
- have faith — you CAN do this!
Here are the documents that we looked at in class:
I will be around early in the morning if you have any last minute questions. I will NOT be available at lunch before the test, because I am proctoring and have to set up a classroom!