Let’s get right into the plans for the week!
Big Announcement: If you want to take a group quiz for the nouns and/or verb quiz, I will be offering a chance to do so both Tuesday & Thursday during lunch. This will be the only chance to make these quizzes up. If you score higher than the first time, the higher grade will REPLACE the first score!
- We will start our week off with a quiz on apostrophes! I have given you a number of online resources this week that you can use to practice, but I have also set up a new study pack!
- Then we will begin our new grammar topic: clauses and conjunctions. Here are the notes for the week.
- We will finish by listening to chapter six of A Long Way Gone. In the case that you need to listen from home (to ANY of the chapters) here is the link to our homepage for the book!
- Your homework is to prepare for literature circle number two. Speaking of literature circles, here are some notes that I have from our first one:
- From this point forward, please complete all work neatly and in pen (blue or black ink only. I cannot give you feedback if I cannot read your handwriting.
- Please write your questions on a sheet of loose leaf/notebook paper. If you need a sheet, I have it in my classroom.
- All work must be DONE before walking into the classroom. This includes writing out your three questions!
- If you are literary luminary, when the worksheet asks about the effect of the passage, I am looking for you to tell me what literary device is being used. There is a list on the front of the worksheet, as well as a list in your notes from last semester. Literary devices will be on your final exam – review them!
- All week you will come in and complete a MASSIVE NoRedInk assignment. You will have 10 minutes at the beginning of your day 2, day 3, and day 4 class period to work on it.
- It will be time for our second literature circle! I cannot wait to hear your discussions. Be ready to share some new insights with me!
- As you have the past few weeks, you will enter the classroom and work on grammar.
- Then we will move into a lesson introduction paragraphs! Get ready to read and analyze and take a stab at creating your own introduction paragraphs!
- Final day for NoRedInk practice on clauses and conjunctions!
- It’s the last class of the week which means you get to Drop Everything And Read! I will be walking around checking in on everyone’s progress and reading a bit of my own book. This week I am working through The Road Cormac McCarthy since so many have you have chosen to read it!
- Your homework over the weekend will be to study for your quiz and to read for your literature circle. Nice and easy weekend to do list!
Hey guys! It’s only a few months until graduation! But, that does not mean we are slowing down!
We will use Monday to make up the coffee house discussion that we had to postpone on Friday. If all goes well, I will have some more muffins for you. I know Max will love that!
Tuesday will be all about research questions! You need to start thinking about what your podcast is going to be about. You are deep into your books now and it’s time to start focusing and researching. Your question should be set by Friday! You will also have homework for Thursday’s class. You will complete step one of creating a case against Adnan. Use this template and create the first board. When we listen on Thursday, we will discuss what the second one would look like!
On Thursday we will sit down and listen to episode six of Serial.
And on Friday, we will have coffee house #3! Can you believe that we are almost done with these?!?! I am loving hearing all that you have to share and where your research is taking you!
Here’s to a great week CDS!
As always, if you need ANYTHING, stop by or email me!